We are committed to respecting your privacy and we have written this privacy statement in order to document our commitment.
Do I have to submit personal information to use your website?
How do we obtain your personal information?
We only obtain, and hold personal information about you when you contact us in any of the following ways:
- By email
- By submission of any of the documents that form part of the processes on our website
- By using our online registration procedure
- By any other means when requesting information
What personal information may we obtain about you?
The information that we hold for you will have been provided to us, by you, during the registration process, in exchanged emails when information has been requested or when you have completed forms on our website. The information held may include all or some of the following:
- Your name
- Your address (personal)
- Your telephone number (personal, business and mobile)
- Your fax number (personal or business)
- Your email address (personal or business)
- Your bank details (personal)
- Your NI number
- Any other information that you have volunteered during email enquiries or whilst using our online systems
What do we do with your personal information?
We use your personal information to:
- Respond to your requests for information
- Reply to your emails
- Provide you with information you have requested on the products and services that we offer
- Compile any records which we are legally obliged to provide to any official Government bodies for tax and accounting purposes
How do we protect your personal information?
The application is accessed over a secure (SSL) connection.
Personal details entered (securely) into the application (eg. when registering) are stored and are viewable by Contractor Umbrella's account managers solely for the purpose of conducting the business services they provide in the interests of the user.
Personal information is protected by the following means:
- Access to the application is via a secure, encrypted protocol (SSL).
- Information is stored on servers that are protected from unauthorised access by the use of passwords.
- The passwords are only known by staff who need to know them to support and maintain the application.
- The servers are on a professionally managed and monitored site, with a network infrastructure protected by firewalls.
- Every effort is made to maintain the security of the servers following current best practice.
- The state of the servers is regularly monitored.
Do we pass your personal information to anybody else?
We will not pass your email address or any other personal information we may hold about you to any third party except in the following circumstances:
- When you request us to do so
- When you have requested information regarding one of our products of services
- We we are obliged to do so by law
How long do we keep your personal information?
We are legally obliged to retain your personal information for a period of 7 years from the end of the UK tax year.
How can you obtain a copy of, or correct, your personal information?
The information held about a user is viewable and editable by the user within the application, in compliance with the data protection act. Alternatively you can contact us by email and request a copy of any personal information required. Please be aware that the Data Protection Act 1998 permits us to charge a small fee for this service which may be chargeable under certain circumstances.
What is the data protection act 1998?
The United Kingdom's Data Protection Act 1998 requires that we notify the Information Commissioner that we are processing personal information so that our details can be included in the public register. We have done this and you can obtain more information about the United Kingdom's Data Protection Act 1998 and consult the Information Commissioner's public register at www.dataprotection.gov.uk.
What are the privacy policies of linked websites?
This website does contain links to other websites. However, ContractorUmbrella Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites.